A downloadable PDF version can be found here.
July 2016 - present
Covering the latest political, social and economic developments in Thailand in addition to live reports during breaking news events and filing stories that showcase Thailand and the issues pertinent to current affairs and news, whilst illustrating the aim of Channel NewsAsia to allow our audience to "Understand Asia".
Events covered include the 2016 Constitutional Referendum, the passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej 2016 and the Royal Cremation Ceremony 2017.
Jul. 2010 - May 2016
Provided insightful analysis and colorful commentary on politics, social issues, human rights and media freedom in Thailand, as well as comprehensive live coverage of breaking news events.
From September 2010 to October 2015, Saksith was the head writer for the "Siam Voices" blog, a collaborative blog aimed at providing Asian Correspondent's readers with a unique insight into the social, political and economic realities in Thailand.
Events covered include the 2011 Thai elections, 2013-14 anti-government protests, 2014 Thai military coup and its aftermath, 2015 Erawan Shrine bomb attack.
Oct. - Nov. 2011,
Nov. 2012 - May 2013
Sourced stories in Indochina (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam), editing and filing video reports and live reporting on breaking news.
Events covered include US President Barack Obama’s visit to Thailand and Myanmar, Pitak Siam anti-government protests (Nov 2012), 2013 Bangkok Gubernatorial Elections, Operation Cobra Gold - regional military exercises in Thailand.
IHA News Agency
Jun. 2011 - Nov. 2011
Field producing and coordinated the production of video reports. Events covered (selection): 2011 Thai general elections and aftermath, 2011 Thai flood crisis
Asia News Network
Jun. 2011 - Nov. 2011
Sourced and wrote stories for the weekly AsiaNews magazine. Edited and packaged news stories to the daily news website (asianewsnet.net) and AsiaNews. Produced and hosted the weekly AsiaNews webcast (youtube.com/asianewsnet).
Dec. 2006 - Feb. 2007
Researched and wrote own stories, covering a variety of local current events and general interest topics in Bremen, Germany.
Video and Photo
Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop
Fluent in English, Thai and German
Apr. 2006 - Jul. 2011
Completed ten semesters towards completing a Magister Atrium degree in Southeast Asian Studies.
Panel discussions & guest lectures
- Thailand am Scheideweg? – Podiumsdiskussion zur politischen Krise in Thailand (Universität Hamburg, Germany; July 5, 2010)
- Challenging the Sovereign Narrative – Media Perceptions of the Thai Political Crisis and the (missing) Role of Social Media (Payap University; Chiang Mai, Thailand; September 27, 2011)
- Media Censorship and Self Censorship: What Is the Role of Thailand’s Public Broadcasters? (Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; April 28, 2013 – see video clip here)
- Covering Thailand’s Protests: A Panel of Media Voices (Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; January 16, 2014)
- A Rude Awakening – The Future of Democracy in Thailand (Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung; Berlin, Germany; February 10, 2015)
- Also, guest lectures on Thai politics, traditional media and social media to university groups such as Siena College (New York, USA) and Augustana College (Michigan, USA).